Lifeline screening is a privately owned health company that deals with prevention and health wellness. It was founded in 1993 and is located in Austin, TX. The company involves providing health screening services for adults in the United States. Lifeline screening company was established by Timothy Philips and Colin Scully. The company has grown, and it expanded its services to the United Kingdom in 2007 where it has developed to operate in most parts of the state. Apart from UK and United States, the company also offers its services in Australia. The company offers many types of test to prevent chronic health issues.
Many people who may want to have a body screen for the first time, have no idea of what to do and expect during the body screening. Well, the process is not much of a hustle as people may think because some of the screenings require little or no preparation. Below are the types of screening and how to prepare.
• Carotid artery disease (stroke) – wear a short sleeve shirt with an open collar.
• Atrial fibrillation (stroke) – do not wear a watch, do not apply lotion or oil, your cell phone should be turned off and don’t wear a pantyhose.
• Type 2 diabetes- it’s advisable to fast for at least 12 hours.
• Hs-CRP (elevated C-reactive protein) require no prior preparations.
• Peripheral arterial disease – wear loose clothing, wear a short sleeved blouse, and don’t wear a pantyhose.
• Bone mineral density – you should not wear a pantyhose.
• Elevated liver enzymes –no preparations required.
• Complete lipid panel- fast for 12 hours.
When getting a life screen, your first process is to complete your check-in form and then meet your technician. The first thing after meeting your technician will be blood testing. The technician will take a sample of your blood though it is not used in all the screenings. Then proceed to the height weight measurements. Then continue to the various types of screening offered. During the testing, the technician may use different types of screening methods including; ultrasound and figure-sticks. At the end of your screening process, you will receive the blood test results, and the remaining results will be sent to you via email within 15 days.
Life screening should be a priority for everyone. Screenings help people to detect diseases early in people who may not show symptoms. It provides you with a preventive care since the illness can be identified early enough. It is advisable for persons with above 50 years to regularly visit a technician for the screening to avoid old age diseases. Families who may have a history of genetic disorders like stroke, diabetes, and cardiovascular conditions, are also advised to have regular screenings.
Learn More: www.indeed.com/cmp/Life-Line-Screening/salaries